What Questions Should I Ask When I Meet with My Divorce Attorney?
Your divorce lawyer is there to help you through the divorce process. Your lawyer will have many questions for you and require you to provide records and documentation to properly represent you.
While your lawyer needs to get to know you and your case, you also need to become educated about the divorce process. In addition, you need to feel comfortable and have confidence in your attorney. Bring a list of questions with you to aid you in gaining confidence and understanding of the divorce process.
Some questions you can ask your attorney to broaden your trust include the following:
- How much of your practice is family law?
- How many divorces have you handled?
- What is your trial experience?
- When did you start practicing law and family law?
- Will you call experts and do you have a relationship with any?
- Do you have any special certification or training in divorce law?
- Do you handle mediation?
- What are your rates?
- How often will I be billed?
- Do you have any complaints or grievances filed against you?
- Can I talk to any of your clients about their divorces?
A skilled divorce attorney can answer your questions about the legal process and what to expect, and give you answers in plain English. Our divorce lawyers offer personal and aggressive representation for all divorce and family law matters. We fight to protect your best interests and strive to meet all your legal needs throughout the divorce process.