Modifying and Enforcing Court Orders after Divorce

A divorce decree ends a marriage. However, after divorce the parties may have a number of ongoing obligations under the terms of the decree. When a party fails to honor obligations of a divorce decree, there are ways to seek enforcement of the orders and decree.

Failure to pay child support or refusal to honor visitation orders are two common situations that may require an enforcement proceeding. An experienced, aggressive family law attorney knows how to bring an enforcement action to ensure compliance with court orders after divorce so that the needs of all parties are met.

Over time, situations change and you may need to modify your divorce order. These changes might include the following:

  • One party may receive a large increase in pay.
  • A father may want increased visitation and an increased say in decision making with regard to a child.
  • A child may want to move from the home of a mother to the home of a father.
  • More medical support may be needed, or insurance may need to be changed or increased.
  • An order for a primary residence may no longer be appropriate.

These situations are best addressed by filing for a formal modification to the original court order. While parties may agree on an issue such as how much more to pay for child support, the only way to have an enforceable order is to seek a formal modification and filing of a new order. Speak to a skilled child support modification attorney at Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C. if you have questions about modification of your divorce orders.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *