Some Reasons People Divorce
People understand that marriages end and that divorce is a natural occurrence once a relationship is no longer fulfilling. While it may be commonplace to divorce, divorce is never easy for the parties involved. Most couples feel extreme sorrow. Depression can occur. After a time, the parties learn how to move on and move forward.
The many reasons for divorce include the following:
- Drug, alcohol, or other substance abuse or addiction
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Infidelity or multiple affairs
- Inability to communicate
- Criminal behavior
- Change in sexual orientation
- Mounting debt and financial problems
- Inability to commit
- Lack of intimacy
If you are thinking of hiring a divorce lawyer
A divorce is a serious issue that has long-lasting effects on the parties involved. You need an attorney who will protect your rights and fight for a just settlement. Look for the following attributes as you search for the right attorney:
- Skill and experience. It is wise to seek out a lawyer who practices divorce law and family law on a daily basis. Someone who is familiar with all aspects of divorce law and proceedings can smooth the way through the process.
- Testimonials from former clients. There may be testimonials on the websites of the lawyers you are considering. Examine those. You can also ask the lawyer to give you the names of clients that he or she has successfully represented.
Our skilled divorce attorneys are ready to meet with you and examine the facts of your situation.