Tips to Help You Choose the Right Divorce Attorney
Deciding to end your marriage is never easy. As you go through the emotionally and logistically difficult process, it is important to have an attorney who can support you on many different levels.
First, you should focus on finding an attorney who is compatible with you. You should always feel comfortable speaking with your lawyer, as you may have daily contact with him or her at some points in your divorce. The following are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Are you comfortable enough with the attorney that you can share some of the more intimate or potentially embarrassing details of your divorce?
- Does the attorney seem to have a good understanding of your needs, or do you need to regularly repeat yourself?
- Is the attorney available to talk when you need to, and are you able to get to him or her without having to go through a lot of office staff?
- Is the attorney’s preferred method of communication (phone, email, in-person meetings, text) compatible with yours?
- Is the attorney focused on your needs and concerns and capable of answering your questions sufficiently?
- Do you have any doubts about your lawyer’s ability to find the best possible result in your case?
- Does your attorney have a reputation for outstanding service in the field of divorce and family law?
- Does the attorney typically negotiate settlements in divorce cases, or does he/she usually go to trial?
These are just a few questions that can help you determine which attorney will work best for your needs. For the assistance you need, meet with a reliable Long Island divorce lawyer at Bryan L. Salamone & Associates.