Long Island firm fights to protect a father's right to custody
When our firm began, fathers' rights were virtually unheard of: the mother was the presumptive best parent. Period. But, because of tenacious attorneys who advocated for fathers in contentious custody battles, attitudes inside and out of the court have changed. At Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C., we're proud of the role we've played in advancing the cause of fathers' rights:
- Bryan L. Salamone, Esq. has won numerous custody trials in which the law guardian advised the judge that custody should be with the mother.
- Mr. Salamone has won custody in cases when the forensic psychologist testified that the mother was a more appropriate custodian.
- In fact, Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C. has prevailed when both the forensic psychologist and the law guardian stated to the judge that the mother was more appropriate for custody.
Bryan L. Salamone, Esq. has prevailed against long odds and well-known adversaries, including ex-judges and the president of the local bar association. Through sharp cross-examination, incisive use of forensics, and a clear presentation of facts that casts doubt on expert recommendations, Mr. Salamone is able to achieve these results.
Our firm wins more custody cases for men than any other Long Island firm. We handle more cases and have more legal muscle (11 full-time attorneys) than many attorneys who claim to be leaders on fathers' rights.
Fathers must overcome a multitude of challenges
Fathers' rights have come a long, long way, but dads have not reached the point of receiving equal treatment. In our experience, men do not get the equal treatment touted by legislation or fathers' rights activists. Too many judges simply think the norm should be a standard cookie-cutter model, with the mother having custody (especially of younger children) and the father having visitation and paying support. Some of these judges may also have an axe to grind against the father who wants to buck the system by prosecuting a unmarried fathers' rights case, instead of settling.
Our response is to fight aggressively for your rights. We can and will go to higher courts. We are never afraid to appeal a biased decision. The good news is that we've been successful on many fronts:
- Discrediting forensic specialists whose knee-jerk reaction is to grant custody to the mother
- Challenging law guardians and convincing them to change their recommendations
- Protecting you during in camera examination of the child's opinion of Dad's fitness and desirability as a custodian
- Introducing evidence of the father's flexible work schedule
Don't fall into the "target demographic" trap
Many divorce attorneys hold themselves out as fathers' rights advocates because of the growing awareness of this hot-button issue. But when push comes to shove, their small firms don't have the manpower or legal muscle fathers need to win their case. At Salamone & Associates, we’ve fought hundreds of fathers' rights cases and we know the specifics of this area of the law.
Hire winning lawyers. Don't wait. Call us now.
Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C. is well-known for aggressive representation of clients in the toughest fathers' rights law cases. Contact us online for a free initial consultation with our skilled custody attorneys. For urgent cases, call us immediately at 1.631.479.3839.