Long Island Child Custody: Our Most Important Cases
Attorneys successfully handle child custody in Suffolk, Nassau, Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan
Child custody is not a luxury item: it is the means by which you exercise your essential right to a meaningful and loving relationship with your child, and the means by which you provide for your child's health, safety and welfare. In short, it's a sacred trust. At Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C., we take child custody as seriously as you do, fighting aggressively to reach a result that truly reflects the best interests of your children.
Common child custody arrangements following Long Island divorce
The following custody arrangements may be right for you. Custody can be described as follows:
- Sole custody — One parent is exclusively in charge of the health, education, and welfare of the children, with no obligation to consult with the other parent. However, if the custodial parent makes poor decisions, he or she risks losing custody.
- Joint custody — Parents share equally in all custodial responsibilities.
- Shared custody with spheres of influence — This joint custodial responsibility recognizes one parent's special reasons to be responsible for certain issues — for example, one parent may have the final choice in the child’s medical decisions, while the other makes educational decisions.
- Residential custody to one parent, with joint legal custody to both — One parent houses the child (the other is generally allowed visitation), but both share in decision-making. Examples of modifications include giving the residential parent the final say and having a neutral parent coordinator mediate decisions.
Seeking custody for the safety of the child
Though some custody battles erupt when one parent exploits the children to hurt his or her ex, there are times when a parent truly believes the children are in danger while in the care of the other. Then there is no alternative to seeking custody for the safety of a child. Salamone & Associates has won custody in thousands of cases, and we can aggressively prosecute and defend custody matters, because we have the experience needed to do so. We pride ourselves in giving our clients the best possible result, together with the personal attention they require throughout this difficult time in their lives.
Our track record in sole custody cases
The office of Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C. has won thousands of tough and very difficult custody cases:
- We have prevailed against all odds on custody cases where the forensic psychiatrist and the law guardian both were against our client.
- We have won custody for people who did not fit the traditional model of a custodial parent.
- We have won custody for disabled parents with impaired abilities.
- We have won custody for men and women with allegedly sordid backgrounds.
- We have won custody for parents who needed to keep their children safe from the other parent who was abusive, neglectful or simply a bad parent.
More contested divorces than any other Suffolk, Nassau, or Queens law firm
A review of the Unified Court Systems calendar confirms our claim that we handle more contested divorces than any other firm in our area. Our 11 attorneys are litigators; every day of the week, 52 weeks a year, we are on the job, in the court, trying cases.
Hire winning lawyers. Don't wait. Call us now.
Children grow up quickly. If you lose custody, for all purposes, you lose everything. Contact Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C. online for a free initial consultation with our skilled custody attorneys. If your case is urgent, do not email. Call us immediately at 631.479.3839.