Long Island Fathers' Rights Attorneys Serving Nassau and Suffolk Counties
Protecting a father’s rights to his children
When our firm began, fathers' rights were virtually unheard of: the mother was the presumptive best parent. Period. But, because of tenacious attorneys who advocated for fathers in contentious custody battles, attitudes inside and out of the court have changed. At Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C., we're proud of the role we've played in advancing the cause of fathers' rights. As examples:
- We have won numerous custody cases in which the law guardian advised the judge that custody should be with the mother.
- We have won custody in cases where the forensic psychologist testified that the mother was a more appropriate custodian.
- We have won custody in cases where the forensic psychologist stated to the judge that the mother was more appropriate for custody.
Bryan L. Salamone, Esq. has prevailed against long odds and well-known adversaries, including ex-judges and the president of the local bar association. He is able to achieve these results through sharp cross-examination, incisive use of forensics, and a clear presentation of facts that casts doubt on expert recommendations.
Our firm wins more custody cases for men than any other Long Island firm. We handle more cases and have more legal muscle (eight full-time attorneys) than many attorneys who claim to be leaders on fathers' rights.
We help fathers deal with a variety of family issues
In addition to helping fathers achieve custody of their children in appropriate cases, we address other aspects of divorce, including:
- Alimony/maintenance — In the past, husbands have typically been expected to pay alimony to their wives, but growing employment opportunities for women have changed that dynamic. We work hard to make sure the court takes full account of the true financial situation of the parties.
- Child support — We advocate in the courts for child support payments that are fair to our clients who are fathers, whether they are the payer or the recipient.
- Modification of child custody — If existing child custody arrangements are unfair to the father, we muster the evidence needed to persuade the court to grant a modification.
- Visitation — If a father does not have custody, we advocate zealously for the visitation rights he needs to maintain a relationship with his child.
- Prenuptial agreements — Our protection of the father’s rights can begin before marriage, with the negotiation and drafting of an effective prenuptial agreement.
We provide dedicated, constructive and, if necessary, aggressive representation to fathers in all types of family law cases.
Fathers must overcome a multitude of problems
Fathers' rights have come a long, long way but they have not yet reached the point of receiving equal treatment. In our experience, men do not get the equal treatment touted by legislation or fathers' rights activists. Too many judges simply think the norm should be a standard cookie-cutter model, with the mother having custody (especially of younger children) and the father having visitation and paying support. Some of these judges may also have an axe to grind against the father who wants to buck the system by prosecuting a unmarried fathers' rights case, instead of settling.
Our response is to fight aggressively for your rights. We can and will go to higher courts. We are never afraid to appeal a biased decision. The good news is that we've been successful on many fronts:
- Discrediting forensic specialists whose knee-jerk reaction is to grant custody to the mother
- Challenging law guardians and convincing them to change their recommendations
- Protecting you during in camera examination of the child's opinion of Dad's fitness and desirability as a custodian
- Introducing evidence of the father's flexible work schedule
We will bring the same dedicated, effective approach to your legal issues.
Don't fall into the "target demographic" trap
Many divorce attorneys hold themselves out as fathers' rights advocates because of the growing awareness of this hot-button issue. But when push comes to shove, their small firms don't have the manpower or legal muscle fathers need to win their case. At Salamone & Associates, we’ve fought hundreds of fathers' rights cases and we know the specifics of this area of the law.
Hire winning Long Island fathers' rights lawyers. Don't wait. Call us now.
Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C. is well-known for aggressive representation of clients in the toughest fathers' rights law cases. Contact us online for a free initial consultation with our skilled custody attorneys. For urgent cases, call us immediately at 1.631.479.3839.